Accounting services include most types of tax return preparation:
- Individual federal income tax returns, from simple to the most complex (Form 1040)
- Federal Income Tax Returns fo Trusts and Estates, even small estates may be required to file (Form 1041)
- Tax Returns for Partnerships, LLCs (Form 1065)
- Tax Returns for S-Corporations and C-Corporations (Forms 1120S, 1120)
- Private Foundation Returns (Form 990PF)
- State and multi-state returns for resident or non-residents
- Tax and accounting specialties in these areas:
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Schedule K-1 Tax Form From MLP or PTP Investments
- High Income Returns
- Passive Income
- Oil & Gas accounting and taxation (royalties, working interests; depletion, IDC issues)
- Ministers’ income tax returns (housing allowance, Deason rule, and other often misunderstood provisions)
- Household employee tax reporting
- Foreign bank account reporting (FinCEN 114)
- Amended returns, loss and credit carrybacks
- Filing missing returns for non-filer catch-up
Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Specialist
Just as some physicians specialize in rare conditions, I specialize in the AMT. This is a tax that potentially applies to everyone, but in practice, affects only a small percentage of taxpayers. Because of this, some practitioners may not have enough knowledge and experience with AMT to effectively review and manage its effects on a taxpayer. Tax software isn’t enough as most tax programs do an incomplete job of properly classifying and calculating for AMT.
If you are subject to the AMT, I especially welcome you to visit for a review of your tax returns! I can review prior returns to see if you have overpaid, file amended returns, if needed, and help you manage AMT going forward. If you are not sure if you are subject to AMT, come in for a tax return review, you may be surprise to find that you are overpaying taxes.
Related accountant services for tax planning and preparation:
- Year-end and future year tax projections
- Review of self-prepared returns
- Second opinions on returns prepared by other practitioners
- Quickbooks assistance and configuration for small businesses
- IRS Audit representation
- Required Minimum Distribution planning for retirement accounts
- Divorce planning (before the decree is written!)
Additional Accountant Services
- Evening and weekend appointments are customary
- Home visits available when needed
- Notary service
- Need something not listed? Let’s discuss your needs.
Services To Other CPA Firms
- Outsourcing and contract work – hourly rates for your overflow returns, NOL carrybacks, or amended returns (preparation or review); no interference with your client relationships.
- Customized staff training
- If your group would like a presentation or discussion about a tax topic, please contact me.
- Assistance with obtaining 501(c)(3) or (c)(4) status for your organization (pro bono service on a limited basis).
- Church treasurer/bookkeeper assistance (pro bono service on a limited basis).
Financial & Accounting Services Not Provided
I am happy to work with other professionals who provide these ancillary services, but I do not provide the following financial and related accounting services:
- Financial audits, reviews, or compilations
- Offers-in-Compromise (but ask me for a good referral!)
- Estate planning (although I do assist attorneys with Form 706)
- Pension plan reporting (Form 5500, etc.)
- Legal work (I’m not an attorney)
- Expatriate income tax
- International tax returns
- Financial planning or investment advice, other than general guidance